University of Wisconsin - Superior Meal Plans
All students are welcome to purchase a meal plan or Jacket Cash for use in the dining services. Freshmen and sophomores who are required to live in the residence halls MUST sign up for a meal plan. Meal plan contracts are available at the Yellowjacket Union Information/Service Desk. A contract must be completed before services may be used. Please call (715) 394-8242 if you have any questions.
The University of Wisconsin-Superior offers distinct two meal plans offering complete flexibility to satisfy each student’s needs.
The Superior Plan
- Unlimited dine-in only access to the Union Cafe, plus $50 in Jacket Cash per semester
- Cost for the Superior Plan is $1420 per semester
Superior Plan participants will have unlimited dine-in only access to the Union Cafe during all scheduled hours. The Union Cafe will provide service from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the weekends. Superior Plan participants must use their Jacket Cash or U.S. dollars for retail purchases. As an added bonus, Superior Plan participants will receive 5 guest passes during the third week of each semester and meals for visiting family members will be complimentary on move in day (August 29, 2013) for fall semester.
The Black & Gold Plan
- 135 meals, plus $125 in Jacket Cash per semester
- Cost for the Black & Gold Plan is $1210 per semester
Black & Gold plan meals may be used in the Union Cafe or for daily combos offered in retail serveries anytime the dining locations are open. Students may use as many meals per meal period (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner) as they want to and may provide meals for guests.The Black & Gold Plan may be customized at the Union Information/Service Desk anytime after the first day of classes by:
- Using Jacket Cash or U.S. dollars to buy additional blocks of 10 meals for $72
- Converting meals to Jacket Cash in blocks of 10 meals for $70
- Adding Jacket Cash with deposits of $25.00 or more
Meal Plan Rules & Regulations
Unused meals and unused meal plan Jacket Cash do NOT carry over from semester to semester and are NOT refundable. Meals and meal plan Jacket Cash may be used in the dining services only.
Student ID cards are a must for meal plan access. ID cards are NOT transferable. Use by anyone but the card’s owner will result in forfeiture of the ID and potential disciplinary action. Lost ID cards may be replaced at the YU Information Desk for $10.
Meal Plan Changes
The last day to change a contract meal plan is the second Friday of each semester. Cancellations by non-required participants processed after the second Friday will be assessed a $100 cancellation penalty.
Contract Serving Days
August 29 open at 11:00am until Wednesday, November 27
Thanksgiving Break – Close Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 3:00pm Reopen Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 2:00pm
Holiday Break – Close December 22, 2013 at 3:00pm until January 20th 2014 at 7:00am
Spring Break Closes March 14 at 3:00pm and reopen March 23 at 2:00pm
Holiday Break Close April 17 at 3:00pm and Reopen April 20 at 5:00pm
Spring Semester Ends May 16. Close at 3:00pm.
What is a “Jacket Cash Account”?
- A Jacket Cash Account is a declining cash balance account that allows you to use your UW-Superior ID card to “purchase” food and non-alcoholic beverages in the Union Cafe, Brick Oven Grille, and Jacket Java at discounted prices.
Why Should You Have a Jacket Cash Account?
- It’s convenient! When on campus, you can stop in for a latte, a snack or a full meal. WE do the grocery shopping, cooking, and the dishes!
- It’s safe! In addition to the ease and flexibility it offers, a Jacket Cash Account eliminates the need to carry U.S. dollars and reduces the risk of theft. Each time you make a purchase, our computer reads your UW-Superior ID and subtracts the correct amount from your available balance. Your new balance is displayed after each purchase and a detailed account of your transactions can be provided upon request.
- You’ll save money!
- Student customers do not pay sales tax on food and non-alcoholic beverage purchases.
- All Jacket Cash customers receive discounted prices for Union Cafe meals, and 5% off purchases in the Brick Oven Grille, and Jacket Java, excluding alcoholic beverages.
Continuing students may carry voluntary Jacket Cash over from fall to spring semesters. Otherwise, VOLUNTARY JACKET CASH AND ALL MEAL PLAN JACKET CASH MUST BE USED IN THE DINING SERVICES by the end of the semester in which it was purchased. Continuing employees may carry Faculty/Staff Jacket Cash over from semester to semester. Jacket Cash is not refundable.
How Can You Sign Up?
- Complete a contract and make an initial deposit ($25 minimum) at the Union Information/Service Desk. We accept cash, personal checks, Mastercard, and Visa.
Have a Question?
- Call the Union Information/Service Desk at 715-394-8244 for more information